The main meters are the number on people infected with COVID-19 and the number of people hospitalised. The Government reviews the risk level once a week.Instructions for how to behave at different risk levels
Right to a refund
You have the right to a refund if the airline cancels the flight. This applies to flights operated by European Union airlines.
Right to cancel a trip
You have the right to cancel a trip. You can request a refund of the money you’ve paid or agree to postpone the trip. The tour operator may also offer gift vouchers instead of a refund, which you can use at your convenience.
Right to assistance and care
The airline must look after you by arranging meals, accommodation (if necessary) and the first possible replacement flight.
Can I cancel a trip and receive a refund?
- In order to terminate a package tour contract, you must submit the respective request to the tour operator before the start of the package tour. You will not be obliged to pay the contract termination fee if you submit the request in time and unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances have emerged at or close to the destination which have a significant impact on the provision of the services of the package tour or the transport of passengers to the destination.
- Such circumstances are, for example, military action or other security issues, threats to people’s health (e.g. serious outbreak of a disease at the destination) or natural disasters which make travelling to the destination safely in the manner prescribed in the package tour contract impossible.
Does insurance cover medical expenses in the case of illness while travelling?
- Before you go travelling, take our health insurance, which is a part of travel insurance. Insurance covers the medical expenses related to any illness caused by a virus, as such illnesses are always unexpected. Thus, contracting the coronavirus is also deemed an insured event. The expenses related to contracting the coronavirus are covered on the basis of health insurance only up to the moment when an epidemic was declared at the travel destination.
- If you to decide to travel to a region where an epidemic has been declared and contract the coronavirus when there, your medical expenses will not be covered by health insurance anymore, as you deliberately put yourself at risk.
Does insurance cover the expenses related to the postponement or cancellation of a trip?
- It depends on the specific insurer and the terms and conditions of the insurance contract whether the costs related to travel disruption are covered. Read the terms and conditions of the insurance contract carefully before you sign the contract, so you’re aware of the scope of insurance cover and any risks.
- Insurers don’t usually indemnify for damage that occurs when you’re already travelling in a region where quarantine is established, which means that you cannot get home when intended. You must often cover extra costs related to this yourself.
Last updated: 15.11.2021